Create Space Using Biophylic Design!
Interior Plants – Excellent Return on Investment
Scientific studies from around the world show an adequate installation of interior plants can deliver significant bottom line benefits while bringing “green” qualities to the workplace. The physical and psychological benefits of interior plants maximize sustainability and improve indoor environmental quality.
Research verifies interior plants inspire worker productivity and increase workplace satisfaction. The “green” attributes of interior plants in a positive impact on indoor air quality, thereby greatly improving health and attendance in the workplace.
Various studies have shown that plants in the workplace can reduce absenteeism by 14%. The air inside sealed, energy-efficient buildings is often 10 times more polluted that the air outside due to toxic emissions from a variety of building constituents, which can lead to sick-building illnesses. One study by the Lawrence and Berkeley National Laboratory in California found that preventing sick-building related illnesses would save $58 billion annually. The same study confirmed that 40% of all sick days are related to poor indoor air quality.
#StaySafe #StayStrong #StayPlanted
Keep Your Plants!
While cutting out your plant program may seem like a solid – and easy – cost cutting move, consider the benefits to your employees and to the physical space, which impact the overall physical health and mental well-being of you and your employees/tenants – and consider how that impacts your bottom line in more sick days and lost productivity.
Interior plants provide a multitude of benefits that impact not only the physiological and psychological well-being of people but improve the bottom line of businesses. A multitude of scientific studies confirms having interior plants in the workplace help to cleanse the air and thereby reduce absenteeism and illness. Scientific studies have additionally proven the presence of plants in the workplace reduce stress and anxiety.
During this unprecedented time of extreme uncertainty, when stress and illness seem to prevail, retaining plants in your workspace can positively impact your workforce – reducing the cost of sick days, increasing productivity, cleansing the air, and reducing overall stress and anxiety.
- A European study found that access to green space reduced levels of stress and improved employee satisfaction by 14%.
- Various studies show that having a view of plants from a workstation decreases illness incidents and reduces the amount of self-reported sick leave.
- Several studies confirm plants lower blood pressure, improve reaction time, improve well-being, and raise job satisfaction.
- NASA’s Clean Air Study specifically highlights the ability of plants to clean toxins, such as benzene and formaldehyde, which are commonly found in closed building environments and negatively impact the health of workers, from the air.
A recent study, the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Built Environment Considerations to Reduce Transmission by researchers at the University of California-Davis and the University of Oregon, stated, “Virus particles like drier air, so maintaining a high relative humidity can help. Virus-bearing droplets get bigger in humid air, meaning they settle out more quickly and don’t travel as far. Humidity also seems to interfere with the lipid envelope around viruses such as SARS-CoV-2.”
- Plants increase interior humidity by pulling water up from their roots and transpiring most of it into the atmosphere around them through their stomata. This higher humidity increases human comfort, deceases respiratory and skin irritations and decreases demand on building HVAC systems, lowering the building’s energy costs and carbon footprint.
The actual cost of retaining plants in the workspace is small compared to the return. Calculations show that the return on investment (ROI) for one plant per 100 sq ft is over 300%:
The average wage earnings for a worker is $36,140 per year.
- They are absent 3.6% of the time, costing $1301 per year.
- With one plant per employee, studies prove absenteeism can be improved by 14%, which equals $182.14.
- The average cost of a plant program providing one plant to one employee is about $42 per year per employee ($3.50/month).
- The investment in a plant program will return $140.14 per employee ($182.14 – $42) or a 334% ROI on your $42 investment.
Interior Plantscape companies are considered essential services as part of the Green Industry. D&S Plants Unlimited continues to service your plants on a daily basis, and we will continue to work with you on specific access guidelines for your facilities and scheduling of service. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns.
#StaySafe #StayStrong #StayPlanted
Let our team of designers develop a plantscape to fit your space.
a healthy workspace and stimulate their senses Let us help you take all of the guess work out of creating and caring for your interior plantscaping needs.
• Increase appeal
and perceived value
of your property
• Decrease sick days
• Increase mood and productivity
Interior plants and greenery for commercial buildings
Plants offer a variety of benefits to office and workspace environments. From beautification and air purification to noise abatement and improved employee health and well-being, making your space greener can increase a property’s value making it a more appealing and healthier place to be. There are many challenges to owning or managing an office building or work space, caring for plants doesn’t need to be one of them. Here at D & S Plants Unlimited we take all of the worry and hassle of trying to do it all on your own away. We have plant rental and purchase solutions available to you that will provide you with living green plants to enhance your space.
Every office and work space is unique, like every family member, and here at D & S Plants Unlimited we recognize this. We can provide an interior plantscaping designer to find the right solutions that match your business needs. Whether you need five small plants, eight large trees or a variety of five hundred mixed plants we can help you from the very beginning all the way through to the maintenance and growth of your green space. From designing the space, letting you know which plants work best in which areas, to maintenance where our plant technicians regularly visit your office to water, weed, prune and care for the plants. We also offer rotational services to replace plants with blooming seasonal flowers based on the season as well as holiday decorations.
If you would like to discuss any of our services please contact our office today and one of our interior plantscaping designers will be more than happy to assist you.